Who We Are
ICU baby is a non-profit organization
that supports families with a baby in the NICU.
Supporting Families in NICU
- Each year, thousands of newborn babies in South Florida are admitted to a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) because of premature birth or illness.
- Most of these families never imagined they would spend time in a NICU.
- Some of these families never imagined they would pass away and not go home with them.
- The experience for all NICU families is traumatic.
ICU baby's Beliefs
- Babies should not be alone…No baby should go unvisited by his family because of financial or psychological barriers.
- Babies should not be alone…The NICU should be a family centered, nurturing environment that provides for the particular needs of the whole family.
- Babies should not be alone…Every family with a baby receiving palliative care in the NICU should have a private room and timely access to their baby with limited interruption before the baby passes.